Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year's!

I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve!  Jeff and I just stayed in and we made some of our favorite food.  He went to the grocery store yesterday to get some food.  He came back with ribs, shrimp and sushi.  I only like the ribs.  Haha.  So I made a pizza on my new pizza stone (thanks Gail and Dave)!  It worked great and everything was so yummy!  I took some pictures to share :-)




Then, I wanted to make a New Year's pretzel.  They make them in Pittsburgh every year and I guess its a German thing.  Not too sure if many people do this, but I love them!  I have never made one at home before, but I gave it a shot.  I used this recipe.  It was yummy, but the only suggestion I have is that it could use a little more sugar in the dough, but I like stuff sweet!  

The first one is the one that I made.  I didn't put sliced almonds on top.


Then, this one was rolled and formed by my husband!  He did a really good job!  I iced it and put the nuts on top though.  We are taking his over to his parents now for everyone to enjoy!  


We are running late, but I just wanted to share this with you first!

I hope everyone has a great 2012!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment