Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mini Hearts

Valentine's Day is just over a month away!  It seems crazy to me to be thinking about Valentine's Day already because I feel like Christmas just ended!  Oh and also I just had a birthday.  January is a big birthday month in my family.  January and May.  

Having a birthday in January is sometimes a bummer.  I mean, it's just about 2 weeks after Christmas first of all.  Everyone spends a lot of time getting ready for Christmas, that I feel like sometimes my birthday doesn't get the attention it would get, say if my birthday was in May.  Another thing that is no fun is that is most likely is snowy and very cold.  Living in Pittsburgh my whole life, and and since I will soon be living in Canada, I don't think I have any way of escaping the cold.  Even though I don't always love the snow, I would not want to live where it is warm all year round.  

I have friends who live in the south, and always like to mention how warm it is there.  Who would want to miss the changing of the seasons?  I know I wouldn't.  Each season lasts just long enough to get excited and be ready for the new season.  I love fall, and you do not have fall in the south like we do here!  

Anyways, so now I have made some mini hearts for Valentine's Day.  


I made these with the leftover icing I had from my birthday cookies.  I love this color combination!  It's fun and youthful and not the traditional Valentine's red and pink.  Though I am sure you will see some cookies like that in the month to come!   


I really had no idea what I would do on these cookies, so I just did whatever idea popped into my head!  And I have to say that I am happy with how they turned out!  


These would be super cute packaged in a glass jar tied with a ribbon, like the Christmas cookies I made.  




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment