Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Caramel Cheesecake Brownie Bites


I have been making a lot of cookies lately, so I thought I would make something a little different today.  I have not made brownies for awhile so I wanted to make some kind of brownie.  My 2 favorite kinds of brownies are turtle brownies (caramel and pecans) and then cheesecake brownies.  So I thought... what if I combined the two?  Well this is what I came up with!  

Caramel Cheesecake Brownies bites
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup flour
2 oz. pecans

Cheesecake mix:
4 oz. cream cheese 
1 egg
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

I used pre-made caramel in this recipe.
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Grease the mini- cheesecake pan, or an 8x8 pan.
  2. Melt the chocolate and butter on the stop over low to medium heat. 
  3. Once it is melted, take off the heat and put in bowl.
  4. Add the eggs, sugar and vanilla in the first list of ingredients, and mix with a spatula until combined.
  5. Add the flour and mix until combined.
  6. Mix in the pecans.
  7. Set aside.
  8. In a small or medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, egg, powdered sugar and vanilla until combined.

Here is the pan that I used.  I got it from King Arthur Flour.  It has removable bottoms so they come out to the pan easily.  LOVE this pan!


Using a spoon, fill the pan about half way with the brownie mixture.  


Then add a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture on top.  Do not fill that to the top because the batter will rise.  (Note: I fill the brownie mixture about half way, and the cream cheese mixture about 1/4 the way to the top, leaving the top 1/4 open.)


Pipe a dollop of caramel on top.  If you do not have a piping bag, you can use a sandwich bag and just cut a small hole at the bottom corner. 


Using a knife, swirl the caramel in the cheesecake mixture.

Bake for about 35 minutes.  They will be done when you insert a sharp knife or toothpick in the top and it comes out clean.  Note:  The cheesecake will be done before the brownie is, so make sure you check with the knife or toothpick!


Here they are.  SO yummy!!!



Enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. Tried this recipe and it's delicious! Thanks so much for posting it, I'm looking forward to more awesome treats like these! :)

    ReplyDelete