Friday, June 01, 2012

Mixed Berry Smoothie

Happy June!  This first day of June was both chilly and rainy... nothing like the weather we have been having!  I don't mind because I love a good rainy day and we have not gotten much rain lately.  They said on the news that today we may have gotten as much rain as we did ALL of May!  Oh well... we needed it!  

Monday was in the 90s and felt like 100° and today, we put the heat on for a bit because it was so cold in the house!  

Even though it was chilly today... I am thinking about summertime and the hot weather!  I whipped up this smoothie in 5 minutes and it was so delicious!  There are so many different kinds of smoothies that you can make.  I made one with basic fruit and juice that I usually have.  

Mixed Berry Smoothie
makes 1 smoothie

Ingredients:
  • 1 Banana
  • 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries (I used strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries... there are a staple for me in my freezer)
  • 1/2 cup watermelon chunks
  • splash of orange juice
  • spalsh of pineapple juice
Directions:
  1. Place all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.  
  2. Enjoy!
Easy right?!  






I like to use frozen fruit so I don't have to put ice cubes in there.  I just feel like ice cubes water down the smoothie and why not use frozen berries that are full of flavor and antioxidants instead?!


Now I just hope the weather warms up fast so I can enjoy my next smoothie outside!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment