Monday, April 23, 2012

Mixed Berry Muffins


Have you ever used these Yankee Candle tarts?!  They are amazing!  Since I don't like to have a candle burning in the house, these tarts are the perfect alternative.  The warmer is electric, so you never have to remember to blow the flame out before bed.  Believe me... I know because I have left mine on overnight many times!  These come in so many scents too.  Tonight I am enjoying Lemon Lavender.  Mmm!  Love.  


I am also working on my honeymoon scrapbook.  You know... only 6 months after we got back!  I don't know why I have put it off for so long, but I am working on it now.  I just ran out of scrapbook paper, so I will have to get some more at the store soon.  I haven't even started my wedding scrapbook.  So I am doing things a little backwards and late.  But better late than never!  Once I get into the mood to scrapbook... I am on a roll and I could scrapbook all night!  


I always feel like I have SO much stuff going on when I get all my scrapbooking materials out.  

Materials I can't scrapbook without: a wide variety of scrapbook paper, letters and other stickers, my paper/photo cutter, scissors, tape/stickers for pictures and my Sharpies.

Is there anything you use for scrapbooking that I didn't mention?!  Let me know!!




I hate that I have SO many letters, and some sheets are only the letters that I don't use so much.  You know you always run out of the vowels, S, T, R, H, and N just to name a few!  But I never want to throw them out just incase I can use them for a word or name in the future!!  


Love all my different colored Sharpies!!

Oh yeah, and I also made Mixed Berry Muffins today!  They are so yummy and easy to make!  

Mixed Berry Muffins

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 3/4 cup berries, cut into small pieces; strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries (I used strawberries and blueberries)  
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400° and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
  2. In a bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  
  3. Add oil, sour cream, milk, eggs and vanilla to flour mixture.  
  4. Mix until just combined.
  5. Gently stir in cut up berries.  
  6. Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups.  
  7. Bake approximately 20 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.  








Enjoy!  

2 comments:

  1. MMM! I'm making these! Look delish! BTW - I'm a scrapper as well! My favorite scrapping accessory is the Cricut machine. My mom and sister bought it for me for my Birthday a few years back. Anyhow, I totally empathize with you on the sticker letters! So now I use the Cricut for my letters and never even use stickers. I cut the letters with the Cricut and then I turn them into stickers using the Xyron Create-A-Sticker. You've reminded me that I haven't started our Honeymoon scrapbook...And we're over a year passed...So you are doing good timewise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Thanks Maggie! I have always seen the Cricut machine and wondered about it, but I don't have one yet. Maybe something to think about!! That definitely would solve my sticker letter situation! And good... at least I am not the only one who has put it off. :-)

    ReplyDelete