Saturday, March 17, 2012

A little bit of everything

Hi there!

Well, since getting our dog Bailey last week, I have not been doing too much baking.  I have made a few loaves of bread (which I am really getting into!) and I made some yummy chocolate chip cookies because they are one of the hubby's favorites.  

I am back in Pittsburgh for a bit.  I had to get a physical as a part of my immigration process.  You can only get the physical from a doctor that they approve of.  And it just so happens that there are only 2 doctors to choose from in the state of Pennsylvania!  Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.  I am lucky that I live in Pittsburgh so it was relatively close.  It would suck living in the middle of the state and having to travel hours just to go to the doctor!  But I got my physical yesterday and headed home.  

I got home and looked at the paper they gave me(it was one of those papers where there is a couple of sheets and you write on the top one and it transfers to the rest).  Well... I realized that the doctor was supposed to have me sign after he filled everything out.  And I did not sign.  Sigh... So I drove almost 2 hours round trip just to sign the piece of paper.  Better that I caught it now, and not after they already sent it in to the immigration office.  That would have been a major delay!

The drive wasn't a total waste though.  I stopped at Walnut Street in Shadyside (a trendy little area close to Pittsburgh) to do a little shopping.  I got some mini cupcakes at a bakery called Prantl's.  They are known for their Burnt Almond Torte.  I got Burnt Almond, German Chocolate, Chocolate Sour Cream and Red Velvet. I didn't have my camera so I have no pictures!  :-(  But they were yummy!


Last night, there was a crazy lightning show!  It lasted for hours.  It didn't rain at all while I was still awake, but it had rained over night.  I took some little videos with my camera.  They barely do it justice, but I thought I would share.  It was so cool to watch!  I love a good thunderstorm!

Oh, and please don't mind the tv noise in the background!

Now that we have a new dog, I had to get us all new Easter baskets!  This little one in front is hers, and then there is one for my hubby and me!  We have other baskets, but they don't match.  I have my Easter basket from when I was a kid (my Mom gave it to me a couple years ago) and I waited too long last year to buy Jeff one, so all I could find was a bucket!  Haha, so he had an Easter bucket instead of basket.  But since this will be our first Easter since we have been married, I wanted to get new baskets.  These actually were a gift from my Mom.  We saw them at Michael's the other day and we had to get them!  Haha.  

We saw them when we first walked in.  We had checked out, and as we were walking out we saw them again.  So we had to go back and buy them.  I love that they are such pretty Easter colors!  

I stopped by Grove City Outlet Mall the other day.  It is a huge outlet mall about an hour north of Pittsburgh.   I got this purse from Fossil.  I love all the different fabric used and the colors are perfect for Spring and Summer!  I recently went from a big purse, to a smaller cross body purse.  I don't usually change my purse too often because I normally keep a bunch of stuff in there and it takes too long to switch.  But then, I found that sometimes I couldn't fit everything into the small purse.  So... this is my new purse.  I love it!

I also LOVE stopping at the outlets.  It is conveniently located right along my drive from Pittsburgh to Canada.  Such great values.  Sometimes you find things from the season from the year before, but everything is priced so well that what does it really matter?!  I do a lot of my clothes shopping there these days!  I actually recently saw a shirt at the J Crew there for $20 that I bought almost a year earlier at the J Crew at the mall for $50.  I mean c'mon now!  The exact.same.shirt.


Oh, and I had to put some pictures of Bailey on here!  She loves to sit on the couch like this and look outside.  Whenever one of us leave, she either waits by the front door or sits on the couch and watches out the window for us to come back.  

I mean, this is so cute right?!


She is such a sweet dog, but she can be quite a handful too.  First of all, she doesn't like to go outside by herself.  We have a small fenced in yard.  Enough room for her to run around and play a bit, but she wants someone out there with her.  The past few days, she will wait for us to walk out the door before she will so we don't trick her by shutting the door as soon as she goes out, and we stay inside.  She is very smart!  Haha.  Also, she just wants to be with someone 24/7.  It has been almost 2 weeks that we have had her, so I get that it's still new, and she didn't come from a good home.  But boy, can she be exhausting!  And I know this is nothing compared to having kids!  

But for now, she is my kid.  It's funny, because at night I lay on the couch and my hubby sits in a recliner.  The dog loves the couch, so she will lay with me most of the time.  The hubby sometimes gets a little sad that she won't come sit with him.  He is so good with her.  He will lay on the floor with her, but most times she just wants to be around me.  I tell him it's just because there is much more room on the couch, so we can both sit on there.  But I have been back in Pittsburgh for awhile, so he is getting some good bonding time with her!  



Here are the Chocolate Chip cookies that I made the other day.  So yummy!  I will share the recipe with you soon.  I left it in Canada so I have to get it first!  :-)  

Last of all, here are a couple pictures of my Mom's chickens and their eggs.  She got them last summer when they were just a day or two old, and right before Christmas they started laying eggs.  Now, my parents get between 5 and 8 eggs a day!  They always have lots of fresh eggs and even give them to neighbors and family because we can't eat them all!  She has 8 chickens in total.  4 of which are called Easter Eggers, and they lay different colored eggs!  Each chicken will have their unique color of eggs.  They can be green, blue or pink.  All of hers happen to lay green eggs, but they are have their own, unique shape and color so she can tell whose eggs are whose!

The chickens running around the yard!

Lots of eggs in her basket!

Anyways, that has been a little of what I have been doing instead of baking lately!  I love to bake, but also love so many more things.  I like that I can share those parts of my life and hobbies on here too!  


Hope you have a great day!  Come back soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment