Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cinnamon & Sugar Bread

Hi there!  I know I have not been posting very much lately.  I managed to leave the battery and charger for my camera somewhere, and luckily was able to have it sent to me but it took awhile to get here.  So I have not been able to take pictures for almost 2 weeks!  But I am back and have lots of pictures now.  So today I wanted to share with you some bread that I made.  

Cinnamon and Sugar Bread!  YUM!  We made this bread at the bakery that I used to work at.  And there is this restaurant by my house that I love their cinnamon french toast!  So many different ways to enjoy this bread too!  I eat it just sliced while it is still warm out of the oven, toasted with butter, as french toast and especially as bread pudding!  


Cinnamon & Sugar Bread

Use this bread recipe.  

For the cinnamon sugar mixture, I mixed 3 tbsp. sugar and 1 tbsp. cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.

Directions:
  • Follow the directions for mixing the dough. 
  • Proof in a bowl for 1 hour in a warm spot. 
  • Turn the dough out onto the counter and press the dough into a rectangle.  (Picture below)  I use a 9"x5" loaf pan and I make the dough line up with however wide my pan is.  I just use my hands to press the dough into a rectangle, but you can use a rolling pin too!
  • Sprinkle all the cinnamon sugar mixture onto the dough and spread out.  Leave an inch at the top without any cinnamon sugar so it will stick together once you roll it up.  
  • Start rolling the dough from the opposite end, tucking and rolling tightly into a log.  
  • Once you have rolled it all the way up, pinch the dough together at the seam.  
  • Place the dough seam side down in the cooking sprayed pan.  Eggwash the dough.
  • Preheat oven to 400 °.
  • Let the dough proof for 30 minutes.  
  • Bake for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature is 190°. 



Cinnamon & Sugar mixture

Dough pressed into a rectangle.

Cinnamon mixture on the dough leaving the inch border at the top.

Start rolling up the dough.


Pinch the dough together so it stays together while baking.

All set to go in the pan.

Dough placed seam side down.


After 30 minutes of proofing.

Once the top of the bread has started to brown, I insert the thermometer into the side and continue baking until it reaches 190°.

Actual temp 178°, Set temp 190°... not quite done!

Cooling on a rack.  


Mmm... ready to enjoy!  Use this bread to make Bananas Foster Bread Pudding... amazing!

And I had to throw in a couple of dog pictures!  Bailey just turned 1 year old on Monday.  The card we got her was made out of raw hide and had edible ink on it!  What a great idea.  And she LOVED it!  I got it from Walmart and it was only $1.50!  She doesn't seem to like too many kinds of treats, but she loved this!  

Birthday girl :-)


Oh and by the way... I only took the picture of her with the ribbon bow.  I took it away from her right away because I knew she would want to eat it!  She liked to try and eat everything these days.  

We went to the dog park yesterday and she had a blast!  I think she is still tired today because she isn't her normal crazy self.  Just moving a little bit slower today.  But I don't mind considering she normally has a TON of energy!  



No comments:

Post a Comment