Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies and Springtime!

Happy 1st Day of Spring!  This is my very first post that I am typing outside.  It's after 7pm, still light and warm enough to sit in a t shirt and shorts!  Who could ask for a better day for the beginning of Spring!  It actually seems more like the first day of Summer, but I'll take it!  

Bailey (my dog) is sitting outside with me.  She basically follows me around all day long.  Even if I need to get sometime quick, she tags along every time!  She is still pretty shy, but opening up more and more everyday.  She probably only barked twice, maybe 3 times in the first week and a half that we had her.  Well, that is starting to change!  Every time she thinks someone is coming to the door, she runs over and starts barking like crazy.  She is my little guard dog!  Though I doubt she would actually do anything, but lets keep that between me and you!  ;-)  


Today I am sharing a classic recipe with you.  Chocolate Chip cookies!  Who doesn't love Chocolate Chip cookies?!  If such a person actually exists, I would gladly eat theirs for them! 

I have actually been making these Chocolate Chip cookies a lot lately.  They are my absolute favorite recipe for this kind of cookie.  My hubby loves them as well!  Once I find a recipe that he really loves, I tend to make it more often.  I will eat just about any dessert, but he is a little more picky.  He is not a big sweets guy, but he is always a good taste tester anyways!

I will tell you right now that this recipe is by weight.  It may be a bit intimidating at first to make a recipe by weighing instead of using measuring cups, but it really is best for baked goods!  Some recipes I am easily able to convert into cups, but this one is best the way it is.  The only thing you need is a kitchen scale.  They are quite inexpensive and are a great tool any baker and cook should have!  

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 5 oz. butter
  • 4 oz. sugar
  • 4 oz. brown sugar
  • .12 oz salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 10 oz. flour
  • .12 oz. baking soda
  • 10 oz. chocolate chips
Directions:

*This is the creaming method.  One of the most used mixing methods, especially for cookie dough!

  1. Preheat oven to 375°.
  2. In mixer, cream the butter, sugar, brown sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
  3. Add the eggs and vanilla.
  4. Gradually add the flour and baking soda, just until combined.
  5. Mix in the chocolate chips.  Do not over mix!  Just until combined!  
  6. On silpat lined baking sheet, scoop out a 1 1/2 inch ball and place them about 1 inch apart.  I do a total of 12 cookies on one sheet.  
  7. Gently press down the dough so it flattens a bit.  (See picture below).  
  8. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly brown around the edges.  
  9. Enjoy!


Butter, sugar, brown sugar and salt.

After they have been creamed.

After the eggs and vanilla have been added.

Flour and baking soda mixed in.


And the chocolate chips!


Shaping the dough balls.


Flatten the balls just a bit!  This gives the cookies a little head start at spreading out before baking.


Fresh out of the oven!  

I really love these cookies!  I have made many different Chocolate Chip cookie recipes and I found this one to be my favorite!!  I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!  

Happy Spring!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment