Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip

Well, a lot has been going on for me since last time!  I now am a married woman!  Last Friday night, I married my college sweetheart after meeting more than 6 years ago.  I have been a very lucky girl in the past couple of months.  After the summer, I came up to Canada to see my fiance and went to his friend's wedding in Toronto, then we went to Minnesota for his best friend from college's wedding.  A few days later I was off for a week in Hawaii with 2 of my friends from high school.  Then, back to Canada, then Pittsburgh and back to Canada to get married!  Phew...  I feel like I have been living out of my suitcase!  But my favorite trip comes in a little more than a week.  We leave for our honeymoon in the Caribbean!  This will be our first "big" trip together, so I am super excited!!!

Us on our wedding day!

ANYWAYS, back to the desserts!

Fall is probably my favorite season!  I love being able to wear jeans and a sweater after shorts and tank tops in the summer heat.  I especially love all things pumpkin.  Pumpkin pie, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin cupcakes, and pumpkin dip!  And apples... I love all kinds, but McIntosh and Granny Smith are probably my favorite.  

I am not really sure where this recipe came from, but my mom found it years ago and we have been making it ever since.  So many great flavors: pumpkin, cream cheese, orange, cinnamon, nutmeg and more!  


 Make sure you pull the cream cheese out of the fridge a few hours before you start so it has time to soften.  This will make it so much easier to mix, and you will get a nice, smooth and creamy dip.  


Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
1- 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1- 15oz. can pure pumpkin
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. cloves
1 tbsp. orange juice OR 1 tsp. orange extract

With an electric mixer or food processor, blend cream cheese and sugar until smooth.  Scrap down the bowl.  Add pumpkin and remaining ingredients and blend thoroughly.  

Chill for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.  

Serve with gingersnaps, apples and/or pears.  Slice the apples and pears into 1/2 inch slices.  *Toss the fruit with a little lemon juice mixed with water to prevent browning.  






Mmm... it's like pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake with a touch of orange in a bowl.  Of course, you can dip the apples, pears and gingersnaps in the dip, but I sometimes like to eat it with a spoon.  It's that good!  Another thing that is good to know is that this freezes very well!  Just put it in an airtight container and you can freeze it for at least a month or two!  

Since we will be on our honeymoon for Halloween, I am working on some Halloween treats this week to enjoy a week early!  I will post about them later this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment