Friday, February 03, 2012

Superbowl Spicy Chicken Dip

Last summer I was visiting my fiance at the time and the day before I was set to go back home, he told me that he was in charge of bringing the snacks for his friend's bachelor weekend.  So guess who made the snacks?!  Yep... Me!  I made a variety of cookies and brownies, and got a bunch of bags of chips and pretzels.  Then, he told me that he would like some kind of dip.  Uhhh... ok.  Any suggestions?! He told me he wanted some kind of chicken dip.  Well this is what I came up with!  I figured Superbowl week would be the best time to share it with you!



Spicy Chicken Dip

Ingredients:
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 1- 8 oz. package of cream cheese
  • 1/2- 3/4 cup red hot sauce (depending on how hot you like it!)
  • 1 cup Ranch dressing
  • 1 cup cheddar or colby jack cheese, shredded or cut into small pieces
Directions:
  1. In a large, deep saute pan brown the chicken.  
  2. Shred the chicken into 1 inch pieces.  **I did not use a non stick pan for this recipe.  I shred the chicken right in the pan using a fork and knife.  If you are using a non stick pan, transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred, then add back to pan. 
  3. Add the cream cheese and break it up so it starts to melt into the chicken. 
  4. Add the hot sauce and stir until combined.  *Don't stand right over the pan when you add this.  You will burn your nose!  Trust me... 
  5. Add the ranch dressing and cheese, reserving a bit of cheese for on top.  
  6. Once cheese has melted, transfer to a small serving dish that is oven safe. 
  7. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and pop under the broiler until the cheese is all melted.
  8. Serve while hot with various dippers, such as tortilla chips, chips, crackers and veggies.  
*** If your hot sauce starts to separate from the rest of the dip, don't worry.  No matter how much you mix everything together, it will do this.  I don't know why but it's ok.  This dip is delicious!  












Are you planning a Superbowl party, going to a bar to watch the game or just watching it at home with the family?!  

And what does everyone think about Madonna singing at Halftime?!  

I don't really like Madonna and I could think of a ton of better people to sing at Halftime.  But, it seems they have been picking older singers the past few years.  I want to see a country singer do Halftime.  Maybe Kenny Chesney?!?!  Now THAT would be amazing!!!  

As for who I want to win, I have to be honest that I don't really care.  But being a Steelers fan, I don't think I could want the Patriots to win, so I am rooting for the Giants!  

No comments:

Post a Comment