Thursday, November 10, 2011

Loaded Potato Soup

I know this is crazy... soup on my desserts blog.  But, I had to share!  Also, this is my second post of the day!  I just have lots to share right now. :-)  Hope you don't mind!  Also, I had to get this post up because I told my  Mom about the soup, and she wants to try it soon!  

I mean... what's better this time of year than nice hot bowl of soup!  

Ingredients
  • 4 slices bacon
  • 3 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1 leek, halved, washed and sliced
  • 1/4- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into small florets
  • 4 medium red potatoes, diced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
  • 4 cups chicken stock
  • 1/2 cup light cream
  • 1/2 cup shredded aged white cheddar cheese
*This soup will be pureed, so don't worry about cutting things to any particular size.  Just make everything about the same size so it will cook around the same time.

Directions
  1. Slice bacon and cook over medium heat until brown and crispy.  Remove from pot and drain on a paper towel lines plate.  Set aside.
  2. In bacon fat, cook onion, leek and garlic for 5 minutes.  
  3. Add cauliflower, potato, stock and rosemary.
  4. Turn up the heat and bring to a boil.
  5. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.  Stir occasionally.
  6. Add most of the bacon back in (save some for the top of the soup when you serve it)
  7. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until its smooth.  If you do not have an immersion blender, you can puree the soup in a food processor or blender in smaller portions.  
  8. Once smooth, stir in cream and cheese.  Heat until everything has come together. 
  9. Sprinkle bacon on top and serve and some crusty bread.  













ENJOY!  

No comments:

Post a Comment